CR-RW for Linux on Dell Insp 5000

  • a.chrysostomou@star.herts.ac.uk
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 1, 2000
      I have just successfully installed RH Linux (6.1) on my Dell Inspiron
      5000 (dual boot with Win98SE) and am now interested in buying a CR-RW.
      Can anybody tell me which is the best for my system, i.e. which has
      existing drivers, easy to install, reliable yet speedy etc, etc....

      Thanks,

      Antonio
    • a.chrysostomou@star.herts.ac.uk
      Message 2 of 3 , Aug 1, 2000
        !!!!

        sorry...that should be CD-RW
        --
        !!!!

        A.

      • lgoodbar@ispchannel.com
        Message 3 of 3 , Aug 1, 2000
          Dell sells laptop CDRWs for the media bays for the Latitude, you could check
          if they also work with the Inspirions....

          I don't have a CDRW, so can't say if it works properly with Linux..

          Loyd

          --
          Loyd Goodbar
          lgoodbar@... ICQ#504581