Dual Boot Redhat 6.2 + Win98SE on an Inspiron 7500

  • enigma12121@geocities.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 29, 2000
      I have a 600 Mhz Inspiron 7500 with a 20 Gig HD and 128 MB RAM. DVD
      and Floppy Disk, 8mb Video RAM. And a 3comm fast ethernet card.

      Now my problem:

      When ever I partition my system to have both Fat32 and Ext2
      Filesystems, but windows dicided that for some strange reason that
      their is a 300 Mb D: on my system now, when I have no recollection of
      creating one. I wouldn't mind it as much but it nicely steals the
      drive letter from the DVD drive, which is a minor inconvenience that
      shouldn't be there. Anyway. My questions is, is there any way of
      getting rid of this pesky windows drive, and has anyone else had this
      problem.

      -Andy