Dell Inspiron 8000

  • gvix@hotmail.com
    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 2, 2001
      Hi all,

      A newbie to linux world here. I recently partitioned my hard drive
      and successfully installed Red Hat 7.1. The joy of finally
      successfully completing the install was dampened by the fact that I
      could not connect to the internet with the linux install as it
      refused to identify my modem. I understand that it might be a
      winmodem. Could someone confirm to me if that is the case and I
      should not try anymore? If someone could let me know how I can make
      it work, I would be grateful.

      My modem: Us Robotics V.90 MPCI 56K 556B

      Thanks and regards
      Vikram
    • Stephen Lau
      Message 2 of 3 , Dec 2, 2001
        You're SOL on that modem... it's not supported under Linux..

        -steve

      • gvix@hotmail.com
        Message 3 of 3 , Dec 2, 2001
          Ohhh... bugga.