Re: [linux-dell-laptops]Mandrake 8.1, C600 and CPORT II

  • Stephen Lau
    Message 1 of 6 , Dec 2, 2001
      1) Make sure you're running X 4.1.0
      2) Add the line: 'Option "Display" "BIOS"' to your device section
      (remove the single quotes)

      that's it. it works on the ATI video, I haven't had any confirmation
      from anyone w/ G2Go cards yet as to whether it works with those.
      -steve

      On Sun, Dec 02, 2001 at 03:45:24PM -0500, Mike Meklenschek wrote:
      > Can someone give me a little advice? I have read
      > through many posts on the CPORT II/External monitor
      > problem but am still not able to fix this problem.
      > Can someone help a newbi?
      >
      > Mike

      > Build your own website in minutes and for free at http://ca.geocities.com

    • Mike Meklenschek
      Message 2 of 6 , Dec 7, 2001
        Hello,

        I was wondering if anyone has tried to install
        SuSe 7.3 from FTP after DLing all 6gig of files from a
        mirror site to a local ftp server. Please let me know
        as I would like to install it. Thank you.

        Mike

      • z3non
        Message 3 of 6 , Dec 10, 2001
          Hello Mike,

          --- In linux-dell-laptops@y..., Mike Meklenschek <mmeklenschek@y...>
          wrote:
          > Hello,
          >
          > I was wondering if anyone has tried to install
          > SuSe 7.3 from FTP after DLing all 6gig of files from a
          > mirror site to a local ftp server. Please let me know
          > as I would like to install it. Thank you.

          It worked on my Inspiron 4100 with a SuSE 7.2 CD1. But it should work
          with any SuSE-Version CD1. Simply start manual setup (yast), there
          have to load the appropriate NIC-Driver, configure the FTP-Server, and
          on you go ...

          Tom