[linux-dell-laptops]Mandrake 8.1, C600 and CPORT II

  • Mike Meklenschek
    Message 1 of 6 , Dec 2, 2001
      Can someone give me a little advice? I have read
      through many posts on the CPORT II/External monitor
      problem but am still not able to fix this problem.
      Can someone help a newbi?

      Mike

      Build your own website in minutes and for free at http://ca.geocities.com
    • Stephen Lau
      Message 2 of 6 , Dec 2, 2001
        1) Make sure you're running X 4.1.0
        2) Add the line: 'Option "Display" "BIOS"' to your device section
        (remove the single quotes)

        that's it. it works on the ATI video, I haven't had any confirmation
        from anyone w/ G2Go cards yet as to whether it works with those.
        -steve

        Message 3 of 6 , Dec 7, 2001
          Hello,

          I was wondering if anyone has tried to install
          SuSe 7.3 from FTP after DLing all 6gig of files from a
          mirror site to a local ftp server. Please let me know
          as I would like to install it. Thank you.

          Mike

        • z3non
          Message 4 of 6 , Dec 10, 2001
            Hello Mike,

            --- In linux-dell-laptops@y..., Mike Meklenschek <mmeklenschek@y...>
            wrote:
            > Hello,
            >
            > I was wondering if anyone has tried to install
            > SuSe 7.3 from FTP after DLing all 6gig of files from a
            > mirror site to a local ftp server. Please let me know
            > as I would like to install it. Thank you.

            It worked on my Inspiron 4100 with a SuSE 7.2 CD1. But it should work
            with any SuSE-Version CD1. Simply start manual setup (yast), there
            have to load the appropriate NIC-Driver, configure the FTP-Server, and
            on you go ...

            Tom