APM fails on Dell Lattitude CS

  • jola@csd.uu.se
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 25, 2000
      Hi

      I have problems with APM on a Dell Lattitude CS with Red Hat Linux
      6.2. I have tried various kernels and even append="apm=on" in
      lilo.conf. I have tried the rpm supported by Dell for apmd. I have
      tried different kernel versions, without PCMCIA cards, etc. No result.

      When pressing the suspend button or using "apm -s" or "apm -S", Linux
      goes right off (in the first case, like poweroff) and goes immediately
      back after attempting suspend for a few seconds (the second two cases,
      apm -s|-S).

      Can you advise me here?

      Johan

      PS. Please CC any answer to me.