[Out of subject] How to buy a Inspiron 8100 with a portuguese keyboard

  • Alexandre Silva Lopes
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 30, 2001

      Sorry for this out of subject question, but I can assure you that I am a
      Linux user!

      I am Portuguese and I am working in the United States. I would like to
      buy a Dell Inspiron 8100 notebook with a portuguese keyboard. The
      problems are:

      1) Dell USA does not sell computers without an USA keyboard;
      2) Dell Portugal does not sell the Inspiron notebook.

      Any suggestion to go around this? May be someone knows how to change the
      keyboard.

      Thanks,

      Alexandre Lopes
    • Angelika Fochler
      Message 2 of 2 , Nov 30, 2001

        I solved this problem by placing my order by phone. On their Austrian
        homepage they don't offer any other keyboard layouts than German but I
        wanted (and also got) the US keyboard. Getting a different keyboard was no
        problem.
        I then got a listing of my order sent by email for me to confirm. Well,
        that turned out to be incorrect (wrong CPU, wrong display), but he
        eventually got it straight on the third go...

        So, if you need special options that are not available through their online
        store, phone them up.
        Cheers,
        Angelika.

        ANGELIKA FOCHLER <angelika.fochler@...>