Re: [linux-dell-laptops] Re: Inspiron 8100 eepro100 insanity

  • jsc3@havoc.gtf.org
    Message 1 of 5 , Nov 30, 2001
      Darel said:
      [snip]

      > My guess is that there is a bad batch of cards out there, because
      > some people have the problems and some people dont. Either that or it
      > depends on how sensitive your hub/switch is to the weakened signals.

      Yeah, I have never had a problem with mine, and I have plugged it into
      every thing from cheap Linksys, D-Link, Netgear, 3Com and SMC routers,
      switches and hubs to Cisco 2900, Cisco 3900, Cisco 5500 and Cisco 6500
      switches, and it has never missed a beat (unlike the Linksys CardBus
      card I used to have, and a friend of mine has).

      For those new to the thread, we are talking about the Actiontec
      modem/NIC combo (Intel ethernet and Lucent modem) that is available
      on many Dell laptops as a "mini-PCI" card.

      --
      John Cronin