Re: [linux-dell-laptops] can anyone reccomend a good book to purchase??

  • Chris Barker
    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 29, 2001
      kiran_balsa@... wrote:
      > I understand that a lot of information is provided online and in
      > howto documents, but personally I do not like to sit infront of my
      > computer and read for hours upon hours. Nothing like sitting next to
      > a fireplace in an easy chair with a good book in your lap. Can any
      > of you suggest a good linux guide book to purchase at Borders or
      > Barns & Nobles?

      "Running linux" by Welsh and Kaufman, O'Rielly is an absolutely
      fantastic book. I learned most of what I know from it, and refered to it
      constantly for two years. My copy is very old (1995), but I think it has
      been updated twice since then, and it still has some good stuff in it!

      If the most recent version isn't too old, I'd check it out.

      -Chris

      --
      Christopher Barker,
      Ph.D.