Re: I81K Successes!!!

  • Marcin Szczuka
    Message 1 of 8 , Nov 28 5:37 AM
      It is in fact addressed in FAQ of this group (thanks S.L.:)) ).
      First, you have to identify what model of modem you have.
      If it is Actiontec combo with modem based on Lucent chip, then go
      to www.linmodems.org and there you will find a link to driver
      download.
      The linmodems page provide also variety of links to sites explaining
      installation process. It is to some extent distro-dependent, so I
      will not dwell on that here. But, its pretty straightforward.
      If you have bad luck and your comp is fitted with 3Com's combo, then
      start looking for inexpensive PCMCIA modem, since there is basically
      no chance to get it working (thou NIC is working), at least I haven't
      heard of anybody who succeeded.