Re: Hi All! New to group with Latitude CPi D300XT

  • Marcin Szczuka
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 28, 2001
      Do you want to start a Holy War?
      The one and only true about distributions is that:
      "The beaty of distribution is in the eye of the installer"
      Having say so, I would probably recommend you sticking to the Red Hat
      since you seem to have some experience with it. The Mandrake and SuSE
      distros are also
      complete and pretty easy to install and configure (lost of tools and
      so on). If you like experimenting then both Mandrake and SuSe are
      easy to install and to get rid of (if needed). There will be ,
      however, not that many differences as compared to RedHat.
      If REALLY want to feel the change, try Slackware or Debian.
      Also take look at http://www.linux-laptop.net/dell.html where you can
      get description of different approaches.
      Cheers
      MS:)