sound driver for Maestro 3

  • Arkaitz
    Message 1 of 9 , Jul 9, 2000
      Hi all,

      I'd like to inform you that OSS (www.opensound.com) has released a commercial
      sound driver for Maestro 3 based sound cards.
      I have a Dell Inspiron 3800, and it works perfectly, even though they say it's
      beta.
      I'm sure it's interesting for a lot of people around here.

      Cheers,

      Arkaitz.
    • LenaMaria "Corpset" Olausson
      Message 2 of 9 , Jul 9, 2000
        On Sun, 9 Jul 2000, Arkaitz wrote:
        > I'd like to inform you that OSS (www.opensound.com) has released a commercial
        > sound driver for Maestro 3 based sound cards.
        > I have a Dell Inspiron 3800, and it works perfectly, even though they say it's
        > beta.
        > I'm sure it's interesting for a lot of people around here.

        If you were I would throw myself at you. I'm going to try it right now
        :) No the throwing-part, the driver-part :)

        // lenamaria olausson

        [lenamaria.olausson]
        [+46(0)70 818 47 91]
        [ellem@...]
        [ www.albylien.net ]
        [ S E M E S T E R !]
      • LenaMaria "Corpset" Olausson
        Message 3 of 9 , Jul 9, 2000
          On Sun, 9 Jul 2000, Arkaitz wrote:
          > I'd like to inform you that OSS (www.opensound.com) has released a commercial
          > sound driver for Maestro 3 based sound cards.
          > I have a Dell Inspiron 3800, and it works perfectly, even though they say it's
          > beta.
          > I'm sure it's interesting for a lot of people around here.

          IT WORKS!

          // lenamaria olausson

          [lenamaria.olausson]
          [+46(0)70 818 47 91]
          [ellem@...]
          [ www.albylien.net ]
          [ S E M E S T E R !]
        • Arkaitz
          Message 4 of 9 , Jul 10, 2000
            On Mon, Jul 10, 2000 at 04:49:08AM +0200, LenaMaria Corpset Olausson wrote:
            > On Sun, 9 Jul 2000, Arkaitz wrote:
            > > I'd like to inform you that OSS (www.opensound.com) has released a commercial
            > > sound driver for Maestro 3 based sound cards.
            > > I have a Dell Inspiron 3800, and it works perfectly, even though they say it's
            > > beta.
            > > I'm sure it's interesting for a lot of people around here.
            >
            > IT WORKS!

            But only for three hours during a week if you don't buy a license :(.
            After that it stops every 20 minutes...

          • mikefengler@gmx.net
            Message 5 of 9 , Dec 11, 2000
              --- In linux-dell-laptops@egroups.com, Arkaitz <ma9aba@b...> wrote:
              > Hi all,
              >
              > I'd like to inform you that OSS (www.opensound.com) has released a
              commercial
              > sound driver for Maestro 3 based sound cards.
              > I have a Dell Inspiron 3800, and it works perfectly, even though
              they say it's
              > beta.
              > I'm sure it's interesting for a lot of people around here.
              >
              > Cheers,
              >
              > Arkaitz.

              As of kernel 2.2.14 Maestro has been supported by the kernel
              directly, no need for commercial drivers.

              - mike
            • Hans Davidsson
              Message 6 of 9 , Dec 11, 2000
                There is no kernel module for maestro3 afaik (maestro1 and 2 is
                available). However, www.alsa-project.com has recently released
                the alsa drivers for maestro3, so no reason to infest your free
                software Inspiron 3800 with proprietary drivers anyway.

                > --- In linux-dell-laptops@egroups.com, Arkaitz <ma9aba@b...> wrote:
                > > Hi all,
                > >
                > > I'd like to inform you that OSS (www.opensound.com) has released a
                > commercial
                > > sound driver for Maestro 3 based sound cards.
                > > I have a Dell Inspiron 3800, and it works perfectly, even though
                > they say it's
                > > beta.
                > > I'm sure it's interesting for a lot of people around here.
                > >
                > > Cheers,
                > >
                > > Arkaitz.
                >
                > As of kernel 2.2.14 Maestro has been supported by the kernel
                > directly, no need for commercial drivers.
                >
                > - mike

                Hans Davidsson hans.davidsson@...
                CodeFactory AB http://www.codefactory.se/
                Office: +46 (0)90 71 86 14 Cell: +46 (0)70 363 66 99
              • Hans Davidsson
                Message 7 of 9 , Dec 11, 2000
                  > There is no kernel module for maestro3 afaik (maestro1 and 2 is
                  > available). However, www.alsa-project.com has recently released
                  > the alsa drivers for maestro3, so no reason to infest your free
                  > software Inspiron 3800 with proprietary drivers anyway.

                  Correction:

                  http://www.alsa-project.org/

                  (sorry for any inconvenience)

                  --
                  Hans Davidsson hans.davidsson@...
                  CodeFactory AB http://www.codefactory.se/
                  Office: +46 (0)90 71 86 14 Cell: +46 (0)70 363 66 99
                • Timothy R. Butler
                  Message 8 of 9 , Dec 11, 2000
                    Mike,
                    > As of kernel 2.2.14 Maestro has been supported by the kernel
                    > directly, no need for commercial drivers.

                    I'm pretty sure your thinking of the Maestro 1 or 2. The Maestro 3's support is
                    being developed the last I heard.

                    -Tim

                    Timothy R. Butler Universal Networks
                    Information Tech. Consultant Christian Web Services Since 1996
                    ICQ #12495932 AIM: Uninettm An Authorized IPSwitch Reseller
                    tbutler@... http://www.uninetsolutions.com
                    ===================== "Solutions that Work" =====================
                  • vincent.nijs@econ.kuleuven.ac.be
                    Message 9 of 9 , Jan 4, 2001
                      --- In linux-dell-laptops@egroups.com, "Hans Davidsson"
                      <Hans.Davidsson@c...> wrote:

                      > > There is no kernel module for maestro3 afaik (maestro1 and 2 is
                      > > available). However, www.alsa-project.com has recently released
                      > > the alsa drivers for maestro3, so no reason to infest your free
                      > > software Inspiron 3800 with proprietary drivers anyway.
                      >
                      > Correction:
                      >
                      > http://www.alsa-project.org/
                      >
                      > (sorry for any inconvenience)
                      >
                      > --
                      > Hans Davidsson hans.davidsson@c...
                      > CodeFactory AB http://www.codefactory.se/
                      > Office: +46 (0)90 71 86 14 Cell: +46 (0)70 363 66 99

                      Hans,

                      Is there a 'step-by-step' (or preferably an RPM) on how to use the
                      alsa drivers to setup the maestro 3? If have looked at the how-to but
                      am a newbie did not comprehend.

                      Vincent