Re: suse 6.4 Install HANGS

  • toraware@mail.com
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 6, 2000
      B"H

      Dear Michel,

      Thanks for responding. It seems that the PCMCIA card in my laptop
      goes unrecognized with Suse 6.4. I tried a "minimal" configuration
      and removed from the PCMCIA package, and then I setup successfully.

      Not really though. I have no modem yet, nor sound either.

      I figured after the setup I could rerun the CD and install the
      packages I wanted but I did not know what to type in from the command
      line.

      I thought that an "install" loads up and configures the chosen
      packages. It seems I thought wrong, because I'm sure I picked the
      xfsetup package but it never showed up.

      How does Linux work - if during setup I select packages - where are
      these packages and how do I turn them on?

      I'd be grateful for your help. Thank you. Meir