suse 6.4 Install HANGS

  • toraware@mail.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 4, 2000
      b"h

      I tried loading my Latitude CPi D300XT with Suse 6.4 because
      this distribution is supposed to have the most drivers and from the
      install it should be "ready to go". At the end of setup it asked me
      to reboot; I did. The system hung after the following lines:

      Starting syslog services ----> done
      PCMCIA: Starting services
      PCMCIA: using scheme: suse

      The next reboot, which of course was doomed to fail, ended with the
      following lines:

      fsck failed. Please repair manually and reboot
      Give root password to login:
      (repair filesystem) #

      I have no docking station; Only a 56K modem; 128 Meg RAM and 6 Gig
      hard disk (wiped clean of Windows). Not networked.

      Would appreciate your help - Meir