RH 7.2 - Nautilus now seg faults after rebuilding kernel

  • bziegler@radix.net
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 13, 2001
      RetHat 7.2 - Nautilus now seg faults after rebuilding kernel

      I rebuilt the kernel doing these steps:

      make menuconfig (selected ntfs as a filesystem module)
      make dep
      make bzImage
      make install
      make modules
      make modules_install

      then edited grub's menu.lst file to point to the new kernel image.

      I *think* the kernel build went OK. It blasts out a bazillion
      messages, and its hard to tell which ones are critical, etc. My
      system boots up OK in the new kernel, and mounting the ntfs parition
      works just fine.

      But now when I run Nautilus from within Gnome I get a "segmentation
      fault" (no other error or debug info is given). I'd really like to
      be able to use Nautilus with my new Kernel that has ntfs support.
      Any hints or suggestions?

      Thanks in advance,
      -Ben

      (BTW, I finally got RH 7.2 installed & gnome fairly stable. It seems
      to work better if I boot in graphical mode rather than text mode)
    • michael carr
      Message 2 of 2 , Nov 13, 2001
        check to see if you enabled SMP in the kernel. some programs don't like
        SMP support if the machine isn't really SMP.

        mikey >;)

        http://personals.yahoo.com