Re: [linux-dell-laptops] (unknown)

  • Stephen Lau
    Message 1 of 6 , Nov 1, 2001
      edit /etc/X11/gdm/gdm.conf
      look in the [greeter] section for something like:
      BackgroundImage="sldkfjkdsfj.jpg"

      change it. :)

      -steve

      On Thu, Nov 01, 2001 at 11:38:09PM +0100, Marc van Duivenvoorde wrote:
      > I'm using suse 7.2 on my inspiron 8000 but cannot find anything about
      > changing the background image of gdm, does anyone know which file to edit
      > ??
      >
      > Thanx
      >
      > Marc

    • Marc van Duivenvoorde

        Message 3 of 6 , Nov 2, 2001
          hrm.. guess my debian system is different somehow. you can't run the
          gdm-config to configure it at all?

          On Fri, Nov 02, 2001 at 08:10:02PM +0100, Marc van Duivenvoorde wrote:
          > Well that doesn't seem to work, and in Suse 7.2 the gdm.conf is in
          > /etc/opt/gnome/gdm/ even when symlinking /etc/X11/gdm to that dir it didn't
          > work.
          >
          > Marc
          >
          > On 2001.11.01 21:48:44 +0100 Stephen Lau wrote:
          > > edit /etc/X11/gdm/gdm.conf
          > > look in the [greeter] section for something like:
          > > BackgroundImage="sldkfjkdsfj.jpg"
          > >
          > > change it. :)
          > >
          > > -steve
          > >
          > > On Thu, Nov 01, 2001 at 11:38:09PM +0100, Marc van Duivenvoorde wrote:
          > > > I'm using suse 7.2 on my inspiron 8000 but cannot find anything about
          > > > changing the background image of gdm, does anyone know which file to
          > > edit
          > > > ??
          > > >
          > > > Thanx
          > > >
          > > > Marc

          > > http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
          > > >

          > > --
          > > stephen lau :: [slau@...] :: www.whacked.net :: ucsd/cse grad
          > > student
          > > gpg key id: 0x09E5CD21 via keyservers, or on my website

        • Marc van Duivenvoorde
          Message 4 of 6 , Nov 2, 2001

            Message 5 of 6 , Nov 3, 2001
              what version gdmconfig are you running? mine is 2.2.2.1, upon startup
              in the "Basic" options, there is a background tab. Click there and you
              can select "Image" and choose an image.

              -steve

              Message 6 of 6 , Nov 3, 2001