organization of files area on groups.yahoo.com etc.

  • Brad Langhorst
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 1, 2001
      Given the recent spate of confusion about where to
      find the FAQ vs. where to find the config files that
      people have uploaded I thought some of the people who
      have been here a while might want to think about how
      to get things organized so we can reduce the noise
      level.

      I have a couple of suggestions:

      1) add a link to
      http://groups.yahoo.com/group/linux-dell-laptops/files/
      in the footer (along with the FAQ link)
      or maybe add a link in the FAQ to the above site.

      2) reorganize
      http://groups.yahoo.com/group/linux-dell-laptops/files
      so that we have
      modelname/subtype1/X11_files
      /sound_files
      /etc
      eg
      i4000/1400x1050/X11_files
      i4000/all/kernel_config

      I'd do the reorganization myself but I don't have
      permission to modify anything except what I've put up
      there. Is there somebody who does?

      What do you all think about that?

      brad

      http://personals.yahoo.com
    • Stephen Lau
      Message 2 of 2 , Nov 1, 2001
        On Thu, Nov 01, 2001 at 06:52:28AM -0800, Brad Langhorst wrote:
        > 1) add a link to
        > http://groups.yahoo.com/group/linux-dell-laptops/files/
        > in the footer (along with the FAQ link)
        > or maybe add a link in the FAQ to the above site.

        Good idea...

        > 2) reorganize
        > http://groups.yahoo.com/group/linux-dell-laptops/files
        > so that we have
        > modelname/subtype1/X11_files
        > /sound_files
        > /etc
        > eg
        > i4000/1400x1050/X11_files
        > i4000/all/kernel_config
        >
        > I'd do the reorganization myself but I don't have
        > permission to modify anything except what I've put up
        > there. Is there somebody who does?

        I can do that...I believe I'm the only person here who has moderator access to it.

        I'm kinda busy right now with school & work, but I'll get to it on the weekend sometime.

        cheers,
        -steve