Wireless Problems

  • mtcorey@home.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 31, 2001
      I have read the FAQ but I am still unable to get wireless access up
      and running on my laptop. I have a Dell 8000 running RH 7.1. My
      kernal is 2.4.2.2. I downloaded orinoco_6c and tried to compile the
      contents, but I'm getting errors on the build. The command I am using
      is make all. I also tried using the old driver wvlan_cs since that
      was in my /lib/modules/2.4.2.2/pcmcia directory, but when I restarted
      my machine my /var/log/messages stated that I was missing the hermes.o
      object file. HELP!! WHat amd I doing wrong and what can/should I
      do. Thanks.

      Michael