Wireless?

  • steve_molitor@yahoo.com
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 29, 2001
      I have a Linksys wireless PCMCIA receiver card, and an access
      point thingie. Anyone got that working with their 8100, or any other
      Linux laptop? Any pointers?

      Steve Molitor
      smolitor@...
    • Stephen Lau
      Message 2 of 2 , Oct 29, 2001
        the Linksys card is based on the Intersil Prism2 chipset. I was able to
        get this working without any problems on my I8K with Debian 2.1. You
        want to use the prism2_cs.o module found in the linux-wlan package of
        drivers:
        http://www.linux-wlan.com/linux-wlan

        Another driver to try is the prism2.o module by Jouni Malinen which is
        new. Supposedly it is much easier to use than the wlan driver. This
        driver is pretty sweet in that it supports HostAP and bridging modes.
        You can find it at:
        http://www.epitest.fi/Prism2/

        And lastly...the unified orinoco_cs.o module which is mainly used for
        the Lucent Orinoco based cards (Orinoco, Wavelan IEEE, etc.) apparently
        can also be used for some Intersl Prism2 based cards.

        cheers,
        steve