Re: [linux-dell-laptops] Free money,how to How to disable the APIC, how to manually setup PCMCIA

  • geoff@centrifugepartners.com
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 15, 2001
      Hi Stephen,

      Are you still having problems?

      1. Use modprobe -c to show the current module configuration. lsmod will show
      you the currenrly loaded modules. You can access the modules-to-load file in
      /etc/modules, that is ran durring startup. Taking APM out of there will do
      the trick. Try the setup command to disable APM in the 'System Services'
      section. That should take care of the APM issue.

      2. You can do ifdown eth0 to disable the network card. You can also use
      insmod or modprobe to unload the module. Like above. You can alsways kill
      PCMCIA-Services or do the same in setup as above.

      3. PCMCIA support in setup is used from when installing over a network or
      from a NAS (Network Attached Storage Device). Not needed unless you are
      going to use the NIC *FOR* instalation.

      did that help?

      -geoff