Re: [linux-dell-laptops] Mandrake 8.1 on Inspiron 8000 ..... can't install X and leave this small rectangle area...

  • hadig@slac.stanford.edu
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 15, 2001

      try to press Fn (the key bottom left, next to control) and Font (=F7) at
      the same time ... this will switch to a different font/screen setting.

      > Hello to all of you,
      >
      > when my inspiron 8000 (with gforce2 nvidia) starts, there is a small
      > picture from dell...
      > then the "text" is displayed on the same area than this picture... and
      > it stays like that every time (except on windows when the graphic mode
      > arrives..)
      >
      > I've got no problem to run mandrake as long as I stay in text mode...
      > I can't configure X Server.... it shows me a screen in that small
      > rectangle but certainly with a wrong frequency...
      >

      > please help, how to get rid of that rectangle and as a view in 100% of
      > my screen ?
      > then I'm sure it will be easier ton configure X Server.....

      Ciao
      Thomas

      Thomas Hadig MS 62, 2575 Sand Hill Road, Menlo Park CA 94025, USA
      hadig@... Tel.: +1 650 926 2810
      http://www.slac.stanford.edu/~hadig/
      In a world without walls and fences, who needs windows and gates ?