random hangs while installing linux on latitude cpt 400

  • juergen.hartelt@t-online.de
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 8, 2000
      I am currently trying to Install SUSE LINUX 6.4 on my new Dell
      Latitude Cpt. somewhere during the installation procedure the system
      just hangs. I can no longer move the mouse pointer or reset with
      CTRL-ALT-DEL.

      I had this happen while the partitions were formatted, after 44
      packages of standard installation where installed and at various other
      points of the installation procedure.

      I have absolutely no idea what might cause this behaviour. is anyone
      able to give my a hint?

      the system contains a 400mhz Celeron processor, 320MB RAM and a 10GB
      harddisk. there is a primary partition of 2GB size which contains NT4.
      I tried to install LINUX into logical drives.

      hoping,
      Juergen
    • Maarten den Braber
      Message 2 of 2 , Jun 8, 2000
        * juergen.hartelt@... <juergen.hartelt@...> [000608 16:37]:
        > I am currently trying to Install SUSE LINUX 6.4 on my new Dell
        > Latitude Cpt. somewhere during the installation procedure the system
        > just hangs. I can no longer move the mouse pointer or reset with
        > CTRL-ALT-DEL.

        Make sure you disable all power-saving options (APM) in your BIOS during
        installation. Also check if your power-supply (AC) is working all right
        during the complete installation.

        mdb
        --
        Maarten den Braber mdb@...