RE: [linux-dell-laptops] Sound? I3800?

  • Wayne Burrows
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 7, 2000
      The quick answer is the 3800 sound is not supported in linux yet.

      At one time I was under the impression that the latest kernel (2.2.15) would
      support the I3800 sound chip. I upgraded the kernel and still had no luck.
      I then confirmed that sound on the I3800 is not supported yet on Andy
      Loening's web page concerning Linux on a 3800.
      http://legoland.mednet.ucla.edu/loening/linux-3800.html

      Wayne Burrows
      e-mail: wayneb@...

      Message 2 of 2 , Jun 7, 2000
        On Wed, 7 Jun 2000, Wayne Burrows wrote:
        > The quick answer is the 3800 sound is not supported in linux yet.
        >
        > At one time I was under the impression that the latest kernel (2.2.15) would
        > support the I3800 sound chip. I upgraded the kernel and still had no luck.
        > I then confirmed that sound on the I3800 is not supported yet on Andy
        > Loening's web page concerning Linux on a 3800.
        > http://legoland.mednet.ucla.edu/loening/linux-3800.html

        Yeah, I've read that too... Maybe I just didn't want to believe
        it.. Anyone tried to use the 2i?