Re: 12GB IBM Travelstar recognized as 9.5GB on Inspiron 3200 with A10 BIOS?

  • stuart@bh90210.net
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 3, 2000
      --- In linux-dell-laptops@egroups.com, "Albert Tam" <bertie@s...>
      wrote:
      > Hello folks. I attempted to upgrade my internal HD to a
      > 12GB IBM Travelstar, but the BIOS displayed 9.5GB only.
      > My BIOS is @ A10, which I believe is pretty up to date.
      > I'm currently using a 6GB IBM Travelstar (I did the
      > upgrade myself) and it's working fine with the A10 BIOS.
      > Has anybody come across this problem too? Any remedy?
      > Thanks.
      >
      > Regards,
      > --Albert

      Albert:

      There is an A11 bios listed on the website, I dont know what it
      fixes, but hell, give it a try!

      Have you tested the drive on any other laptops (Dell or Non-Dell) to
      see if it works or has a firmware bug from IBM? (HDs do have a
      firmware, and of course, they can be bugulant)

      Hope this helps

      Stuart,
      stuart@...
      Beverly Hills, CA