Re: XF86Config errors for Latitude CSx

  • stuart@bh90210.net
    Message 1 of 5 , Jun 3, 2000
      --- In linux-dell-laptops@egroups.com, rob128@e... wrote:
      > Did you ever find a solution to this problem? I just tried to
      > install
      > two different distributions and got the same problem with
      XF86Config
      > on both installations. I have an Inspiron 5000 and installed the
      > XF86Config file from the:
      > http://www.eecs.umich.edu/~steveh/inspiron/XF86Config site and
      still
      > have this problem.
      > Any help would be great. Thanks.
      >

      > --- In linux-dell-laptops@egroups.com, zaid@a... wrote:
      > > perhaps my last message did not post properly...
      > >
      > > I've copied the various XF86Config samples from this list for my
      > CSr
      > > and CSx but continue to get a

      > > Config Error: /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/XF86Config:9
      > > Section "Files"
      > > ^^
      > > File section keyword expected
      > >
      > > perhaps this is due to a file formatting issue. Please forward me
      > via
      > > an email attachment the complete Redhat Linux 6.2 XF86Config file
      > for
      > > the CSr and CSx.
      > >
      > > tia

      Dear Sir:

      This was one of the same problems I was having in getting a set of
      XF86Config files which Dell has on its website to work with RH6.2,
      that in fact worked perfectly with RH6.1 on my 7500 SXGA+ (1400x1050).

      As a matter of fact, I was speaking to the author (from Dell) of one
      of them! He is going to try to test it out next week on a 7500 to see
      if he can find the problem.

      As soon as I know something, I (or he maybe) will post a solution to
      the email list.

      thanks,
      stuart
      stuart@...