Configuration help please

  • Kitchen, James
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 2, 2001
      I've got an I5000e, 512 Mb RAM, 1600x1200 UMAX, 20 Gb disk, DVD/CD drive,
      Xircom Cardbus Ethernet. Dual booting Win98 and Mandrake 8.1 (since
      Sunday).

      I'm fairly new to Linux so I'm not too sure about the utilities. How does
      one change network configurations? I will be booting up at the office
      (DHCP, Microsoft and Novell networks and printing), home (cable modem
      connection, static IP address, local printer) and on the road (who knows
      what connections). How does one get the machine to recognize where it is
      and configure the networking appropriately?