XF86Config-4 on i8100 vs i8000 ???

  • nsounthala@experience.com
    Message 1 of 5 , Oct 1, 2001
      I just purchased a i8100 with the 32 Mg GeForce2 card. I've been
      looking through the postings, linux-laptop.net, etc... and there
      doesn't seem to be anything specific for the i8100. Will the
      previously posted X configs work for the i8100 model? I assume it
      will since both use the same card.

      Thanks...

      NS
    • jsc3@havoc.gtf.org
      Message 2 of 5 , Oct 2, 2001
        > I just purchased a i8100 with the 32 Mg GeForce2 card. I've been
        > looking through the postings, linux-laptop.net, etc... and there
        > doesn't seem to be anything specific for the i8100. Will the
        > previously posted X configs work for the i8100 model? I assume it
        > will since both use the same card.

        I would think they should work. Let us know if they don't.

        --
        John Cronin
      • Stephen Lau
        Message 3 of 5 , Oct 2, 2001
          the i8100 is essentially the i8000 with the geforce card. i believe
          that's the only major difference (well, cpu is diff. too, but that
          shouldn't affect your linux install)

          -steve

          On Mon, Oct 01, 2001 at 08:20:02PM -0000, nsounthala@... wrote:
          > I just purchased a i8100 with the 32 Mg GeForce2 card. I've been
          > looking through the postings, linux-laptop.net, etc... and there
          > doesn't seem to be anything specific for the i8100. Will the
          > previously posted X configs work for the i8100 model? I assume it
          > will since both use the same card.
          >
          > Thanks...
          >

          > NS

        • Jeff
          Message 4 of 5 , Oct 2, 2001
            --- In linux-dell-laptops@y..., nsounthala@e... wrote:
            > I just purchased a i8100 with the 32 Mg GeForce2 card. I've been
            > looking through the postings, linux-laptop.net, etc... and there
            > doesn't seem to be anything specific for the i8100. Will the
            > previously posted X configs work for the i8100 model? I assume it
            > will since both use the same card.

            I have an i8100 with GeForce2 Go. Follow the link below for my
            XF86Config-4 file. Remember to install the NVIDIA driver first and
            the other things listed in the other posts first.

            208100/

            Good luck!
            ~Jeff
          • jsc3@havoc.gtf.org
            Message 5 of 5 , Oct 2, 2001
              > the i8100 is essentially the i8000 with the geforce card. i believe
              > that's the only major difference (well, cpu is diff. too, but that
              > shouldn't affect your linux install)

              And it requires PC133 memory (because of the different CPUs used).

              --
              John Cronin