Re: [linux-dell-laptops] Linux on Compaq Presario 5660

  • Robert Penz
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 1, 2001
      On Tuesday, 2. October 2001 00:56, you wrote:
      > I am a complete newbie to Linux. I am still learning the basic
      > commands. Can someone please provide me with some instructions to
      > load Linux 7.1 onto a Compaq Presario 5660 running Windows ME. My
      > desktop has a PII - 450MHz processor, 20GB HD(IDE), CDROM/CD-RW, a
      > Rockwell HCF 56K Data Fax PCI Modem, a SONY Monitor, Intel 21143
      > Based PCI Fast Ethernet Adapter and CPD-200ES on 3D Rage LT PRO
      > graphics Card.
      > Now, I'm not sure if i need any new drivers or something. Please
      > help!
      1. thats a dell maillist, but it's not a problem for me.
      2. there is no linux 7.1 - only distributions, I guess you mean ReadHat 7.1,
      or you mean Suse 7.1? (the company label on the package)
      3. could you describe a litte bit more what doesn't work. sure you have
      booted from the cds and what happend than?

      --
      Regards,
      Robert