Re: [linux-dell-laptops] Duel-Head on Latitude CPx J650GT

  • Stephen Lau
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 1, 2001
      Hi Hussein,
      I tried numerous times to get DualHead working under Linux with
      my ati mobility m4 under both x 4.0.3 and 4.1.0 with absolutely no
      success at all.

      -steve

      On Mon, Oct 01, 2001 at 02:55:22PM -0000, Hussein Jodiyawalla wrote:
      > Hi
      >
      > This laptop has a ATi Rage Mobility (mach64) and is running Debian
      > Linux with X 4.1.0.
      >
      > Using the 'ati' driver in my config, all set up for Duel-Head with an
      > iiyama 15" both running the same res and refresh (1024x768@72Hz I
      > think) the X server crashes out with the logs reporting that it
      > thinks the two graphics adaptors may be seperate.
      >
      > I will try and post the logs and my config files soon....
      >
      > Does anyone have any experiance with this? Can anyone *please* post
      > their working config files for a DuelHead configuration with an
      > external monitor on this graphics chipset?
      >
      > Working DuelHead really would be a godsend, and I would also
      > appreciate any tips or hints on where I should start looking for help.
      >
      > Thanks
      >

      > Hussein Jodiyawalla (complete linux newbie)
      >
      > --
      > hussein@... | http://mightymouse.net

    • Hussein Jodiyawalla
      Message 2 of 3 , Oct 3, 2001
        Thanks Stephen.

        On the off chance that there is anyone out there who can figure this one out
        I have posted my working single-head files:
        http://mightymouse.net/temp/single/XF86Config-4
        http://mightymouse.net/temp/single/XFree86.0.log

        and my not-yet working duel-head files:
        http://mightymouse.net/temp/duel/XF86Config-4
        http://mightymouse.net/temp/duel/XFree86.0.log

        I would *really* appreciate it if someone out there could take a glance at
        the bottom of the duel-head log file and maybe give any ideas on how to
        persuade the driver that the chipsets are one and the same.

        If I do get it working, I shall post the solution back to the group.

        Thanks Guys.

        Hussein Jodiyawalla