Re: Connecting to the outside world

  • degt@hotmail.com
    Message 1 of 8 , Sep 30 7:27 PM
      > you sound like you just took a class on Microsoft security
      > there is no such thing as "medium" security.
      > everyone does their own securing for whatever reason they have.

      Well you are mistaken :) I am anti-Microsoft for most of the
      time, NEVER took any MS course (never will). These terms i
      did not invent, if you look at the Gnome Lokkit tool you
      will see that it allows you to select "high/medium/low/none"
      for security. Everything is relative of course, you should
      know that :)

      > to the net on a cable modem. Some people I know have lots of
      ports open, and
      > run kernel 2.4.x with iptables. Go to linuxdoc.org and RTFM a
      little.

      > Sunny Dubey

      Believe me I did plenty of the RTFM, that's why I am asking.