Mandrake 8.1, I8K, PCMCIA

  • mbbxkjet@stud.man.ac.uk
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 30, 2001

      I installed Mandrake 8 on my I8000 about a week ago (with the help of
      http://nedharvey.com/Dell8000/Mandrake-8.0.html), and everything
      seemed to work fine. A few days later, some minor things went wrong,
      so I decided to reinstall. However, with LM8.1 coming out only a few
      days later, I waited for that.

      Yesterday I installed it. The problem with it locking up during the
      install, when detecting PCMCIA slots, is still there, but avoidable.
      Unfortunately, I can't seem to get PCMCIA working at all on LM8.1. I
      have gone through the 'fixes' described by the above website, to the
      letter - the same ones which worked on LM8.0 - with no success.

      I think the problem lies with the i82365 and ds modules not being
      loaded on startup. If I load those manually, the card is recognised,
      but not configured properly (high beep - low beep), and I really
      don't know where to go from here.

      Any suggestions?

      --
      James