Resuming after s2D

  • Rudolf Usselmann
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 30, 2001
      I had no problems creating a suspend partition using mks2d or
      something like that. Hitting Fn-A initiates the suspend process
      and I get the screen saying that everything is being saved and
      then the notebook shuts down.
      However, when I power it back up, it does not used the saved
      partition. Instead I get my typical linux boot screen (I can select
      win 2k or linux).
      No matter what I select it does a normal boot, and linux fsck all
      partitions.

      How do I get it to recognize that there is a saved state ? Preferably
      I would like to select if it should use the saved state or boot windoze
      instead ...
      Thanks,
      rudi

      PS: i8k, RH 7.1
    • Ryurick M. Hristev
      Message 2 of 3 , Sep 30, 2001
        On Sun, 30 Sep 2001, Rudolf Usselmann wrote:

        [...]

        > How do I get it to recognize that there is a saved state ?

        Install Lilo in the partition where Linux resides, NOT MBR.

        --
        Ryurick M. Hristev mailto:r.hristev@...
        Computer Systems Manager
        Message 3 of 3 , Oct 1, 2001
          Or install grub in the MBR and use my command s2d... which is not yet
          completely implemented, but working on the command line...

          Markus