Re: New 8100 install problems

  • degt@hotmail.com
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 29, 2001
      Thanks for the information. I have installed Linux several times
      but the latest two (6.1/7.0 & 7.1) have had broken suspend. Back
      in 6.0 I was able to suspend without problems, even the
      suspend to disk.

      Win2K does its own hibernation AFAIK. I have already created
      the 266MB S2D partition from within linux, but when I try
      to use that idiotic PHDISK program (from DOS) it shows a
      menu "Create Partition/Save File/Delete File/exit". I say
      idiotic because it seems it can only initialize the S2D if
      you create the partition from within PHDISK. For me that
      is a no-no because I have both OS running and configured
      and wouldn't like to have to repartition,specially if
      the partition is there already (I wonder why people write
      such dumb programs?).

      Red Hat kernel always comes with APM enabled, and since
      I chose the Laptop Class of installation I would expect
      it even more.

      Any other ideas?