RE: [Linux-dell-laptops] Re: Dell i8000 Opinions: Good vs. Bad... ???

  • McDonnell, Stephen
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 28, 2001
      If you go to Crucial they have a drop down box with all the models in it,
      check it out. I don't have www access or I'd take a peek for ya :( As far
      as upgrading the parts through dell I upgraded my 5gb drive to 20gb easy
      enough and the screen is replaceable with minimal hassles. If you wanted to
      pursue this route I could help you arrange the purchase of the UXGA screen
      since mine comes with it I could place an order for one i.e. when they look
      up your Service tag number. I'll check their parts section tonight and see
      how much a refurb screen goes for. AFA the CDRW I guess that's personal
      preference I use an external and have virtually no problems with it. As
      with any other all in one products beware of hassles of it breaking you lose
      your CD and CDRW. If your interested in the UXGA screen email me privately.

      Steve