Re: Dell i8000 Opinions: Good vs. Bad...???

  • nsounthala@experience.com
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 28, 2001
      With the i8100, which is what I meant, not i8000, they only come with
      NVIDIA GeForce2 16Mg/32Mg. I have the i5000e now with the 16 Mg Ati
      Rage and it's great, but I need the extra hd space and larger screen.
      Well not NEED, just WANT. :)

      What do you mean "Get the least ram as possible". Least video or pc
      ram? Thanks for the input...

      Is the GeForce a pain because of driver conflicts. I am planning to
      dual bool Win2k and RH Linux 7.1

      NS

      --- In linux-dell-laptops@y..., "McDonnell, Stephen" <SMcDonnell@A...>
      wrote:
      > Everything I hear says the GeForce is more or a pain than it's worth
      with
      > Linux. Do they still offer the ATI?
      >
      > Get the least ram as possible from Dell, Ram is dirt cheap now.
      >
      > Steve

      Bad...???

      http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/