[linux-dell-laptops] Re: CDROM

  • neil@thump.org
    Message 1 of 12 , Aug 17, 1999
      On Tue, 17 Aug 1999, Anh Van Nguyen wrote:

      > Well, it is about my DELL lattitude Cpi A366XT which i am trying to get
      > Linux to work on.

      It seems to me you are asking how to mount your CD rom drive ? That's in
      the CD ROM Howto which I presume you've studied.

      Try deja news then post a query to a newsgroup then if that fails come
      back and ask here.

      If I'm not mistaken you are asking how to edit /ect/fstab ? Or trying get
      mount command to work or am I completely wrong ?

      Neil
    • Anh Van Nguyen
      Message 2 of 12 , Aug 17, 1999
        It is not about mounting the device. I see it in /etc/fstab files. I think
        it may be a hardware problem

        For example, I just turned my notebook on and it seems to recognize the
        cdrom. I see in the bootup message dmesg.

        neil@... wrote:

        > On Tue, 17 Aug 1999 anguyen@... wrote:
        >
        > > How can I make Linux recognizes the drive at bootup?
        >
        > Can you ask these kinds of questions on comp.os.linux.misc please. You'll
        > probably find a lot of the answers you need from www.deja.com.
        >
        > This mailing list is about problems relating directly to DELL hardware &
        > linux, not a support list for general linux questions.
        >
        > thanks
        >
        > Neil (List censor)

        > ebates.com. Earn up to 25% cash back for shopping online at 75 stores
        > like Borders, CDNow and Beyond.com. Refer a friend and earn even more!
        > http://clickhere.egroups.com/click/690
        >
        > eGroups.com home: http://www.egroups.com/group/linux-dell-laptops
      • Ed Psycho
        Message 3 of 12 , Mar 13 7:59 PM
          I am having this exact same problem, on a Dell Latitude CPt. I
          am running RH 6.1 (Cartman). I did not see a resolution to this
          issue... anyone else figure this out?

          TIA,

          ed_psycho

          =51

          shaslam@...

        • sm0le@netzero.net
          Message 4 of 12 , Mar 13 8:43 PM
            The thing with mnt the cd rom is that u type mount dev/cdrom not mnt/cdrom