X-server on Inspiron 3800

  • Jean Huveneers
    Message 1 of 2 , May 30, 2000
      Hi,

      I've just bought a Dell Inspiron 3800 with Xircom Realport card.

      When installing Caldera OpenLinux 6.3 everything works fine (pcmcia,
      power management etc) except het x-server.

      Can somebody plz help me?

      MZzl,

      Jean
    • Arkaitz
      Message 2 of 2 , May 31, 2000
        Hi,

        You'll need the Mach64 X server of XFree86, I'm using RedHat 6.2, that comes with XFreex6 3.3.6, and it works perfectly. The autoconfiguration that it recommends is 1024x768 at 32 bpp, but mine only works well with 16 bpp.
        Hope you get it sorted,

        Cheers,

        Arkaitz.