Re: Sound on my CPt 333

  • Charles Bueche
    Message 1 of 2 , May 28, 2000
      --- In linux-dell-laptops@egroups.com, oliver.devoogdt@p... wrote:
      > I just installed redhat 6.2 on my machine and after searching for 3
      > days I've finally managed to get the X working (256ZX)
      > Now I want to try the audio, but it seems even thougher. I've found
      > some things about recompiling the kernel and so on, but I have no
      > idea. The 6.2 should support the NeoMagic MagicMedia 256 CODEC or
      not
      > ?

      I don't know about this distro. Check your kernel version,
      this audio chip is supported since 2.2.14. My lsmod report :

      nm256 69408 1
      sound 57228 0 [nm256]
      soundcore 2372 6 [sound]

      for the sound drivers.

      2.2.13 had support as well, but sound was disabled after a
      power suspend/resume. 2.2.14 fixed this.

      Charles