Re: Linux on XPi P133ST

  • emullen@heartland.net
    Message 1 of 6 , May 28, 2000
      --- In linux-dell-laptops@egroups.com, Neil <neil@t...> wrote:
      > On Sat, 01 Jan 2000 07:08:34 -0800, you wrote:
      >

      > >I have bought a second hand Latitude XPI P133ST, without any
      software,
      > >but am hoping to run Linux on it. Is is possible to use the normal
      > >distributions to enable the PCMCIA card slots on the machine? If
      not,
      > >how do I enable them?
      >
      > Most linux distributions come with PCMCIA support, or you can
      download rpms or
      > whatever with ouot much problem. Best thing to do is to find a copy
      the latest
      > PCMCIA howto which will list all cards supported and give you
      instructions.

      > Neil

      Hello , I have the same machine , have intalled Win98se, have also
      setup a Linux partition and a boot manager.
      Have been tyring to install Mandrake-Linux 7.0 , how do you get the
      installaion boot-up to see your PCMCIA cd-rom?
      I'm using a Citirom PCMCIA eide card connected to a Delta 48x ide cd-
      rom.
      Thanks , Erik