Re: CD player doesn't recognise audio CD

  • kbta@pacbell.net
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 4, 2001
      I'm sorry for this late acknowledgement of your
      reply. My system was totally out of commission for
      a whole week, just had time to reformat it.
      Regarding the audio question for my Dell laptop,
      I was able to get it to play after adding myself
      to the group just like what you suggested. Thanks.

      There is another issue with sound on my Dell,
      the system start music used to be there now is
      no longer played, the system bell is also somehow
      deactivated. When I tried "print "\a"" , nothing plays.
      When I used the sound utility "K system sound" to test
      the sounds would play but otherwise nothing.

      KB

      http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/