Re: [linux-dell-laptops] Re: How to avoid panning with nVIDIA card and RH 7.1

  • Stephen Lau
    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 3, 2001
      Hi Peleonk,
      Sorry - was in a rush last time and didn't explain further. :) A
      "Virtual" desktop size is what your desktop is set to in terms of
      resolution, whereas the "Modes" line says what resolution to actually run
      at. So if you have your Modes to say "1024x768" "800x600" and your
      Virtual to say "1600x1200" then you will see panning. Virtual only takes
      one argument.. so if you want to run your desktop at 1024x768, you should
      say:

      Modes "1024x768" "800x600" "640x480"
      Virtual "1024x768"

      cheers,
      steve

      (I'm leaving for China now - so I won't be able to reply anymore, sorry...!)