Re: How to avoid panning with nVIDIA card and RH 7.1

  • jgm@astrax.fis.ucm.es
    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 3, 2001
      Dear Steve
      thanks a lot for your help. However, after reading the man of the
      XF86Config I am not able to put it to work.

      I am using a single Modes line that says...

      Modes "1600x1200" 1024x768" "800x600"

      How can I specify a Virtual for each mode?
      My goal would be to a Virtual exactly equal to the resolution
      for each mode and avoid panning thtat way.
      I guess I would need something like
      Virtual 1600x1200 1024x768 800x600

      Could you be a little bit more specific about the syntax?

      thank you
      Peleonk

      > Set the VirtualDesktop space to be smaller in your XF86Config-4..
      >
      > -steve
    • Stephen Lau
      Message 2 of 4 , Sep 3, 2001
        Hi Peleonk,
        Sorry - was in a rush last time and didn't explain further. :) A
        "Virtual" desktop size is what your desktop is set to in terms of
        resolution, whereas the "Modes" line says what resolution to actually run
        at. So if you have your Modes to say "1024x768" "800x600" and your
        Virtual to say "1600x1200" then you will see panning. Virtual only takes
        one argument.. so if you want to run your desktop at 1024x768, you should
        say:

        Modes "1024x768" "800x600" "640x480"
        Virtual "1024x768"

        cheers,
        steve

        (I'm leaving for China now - so I won't be able to reply anymore, sorry...!)