Re: [linux-dell-laptops] How to avoid panning with nVIDIA card and RH 7.1

  • Stephen Lau
    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 2, 2001
      Set the VirtualDesktop space to be smaller in your XF86Config-4..

      -steve

    • jgm@astrax.fis.ucm.es
      Message 2 of 4 , Sep 3, 2001
        Dear Steve
        thanks a lot for your help. However, after reading the man of the
        XF86Config I am not able to put it to work.

        I am using a single Modes line that says...

        Modes "1600x1200" 1024x768" "800x600"

        How can I specify a Virtual for each mode?
        My goal would be to a Virtual exactly equal to the resolution
        for each mode and avoid panning thtat way.
        I guess I would need something like
        Virtual 1600x1200 1024x768 800x600

        Could you be a little bit more specific about the syntax?

        thank you
        Peleonk

        > Set the VirtualDesktop space to be smaller in your XF86Config-4..
        >
        > -steve
      • Stephen Lau
        Message 3 of 4 , Sep 3, 2001
          Hi Peleonk,
          Sorry - was in a rush last time and didn't explain further. :) A
          "Virtual" desktop size is what your desktop is set to in terms of
          resolution, whereas the "Modes" line says what resolution to actually run
          at. So if you have your Modes to say "1024x768" "800x600" and your
          Virtual to say "1600x1200" then you will see panning. Virtual only takes
          one argument.. so if you want to run your desktop at 1024x768, you should
          say:

          Modes "1024x768" "800x600" "640x480"
          Virtual "1024x768"

          cheers,
          steve

          (I'm leaving for China now - so I won't be able to reply anymore, sorry...!)