Re: [linux-dell-laptops] It won't start?

  • Brad Langhorst
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 31, 2001
      you might try typing
      linux 1 at the
      lilo: prompt

      that way you should avoid most of th driver startup
      stuff and just get a single user mode.

      then edit /etc/lilo.conf and add an
      "other" section
      using /dev/hda1 (like in the example)

      No idea how to fix the eth0 problem but maybe that's
      not it... have a look in /var/log/dmesg to see if
      something else is going wrong.
      Oh - if you eth0 is pcmcia try leaving that out for
      now...
      maybe try disabling eth0 in the bios if it is
      internal?

      brad

      http://im.yahoo.com