Dell CPi A400XT

  • rharbird@yahoo.co.uk
    Message 1 of 3 , May 18, 2000
      Hi Folks

      I want to by a Dell CPi A400 XT. Does anyone have any information
      about running Linux on this model?

      I have found information about the CPi A366XT. Is it possible to make
      any assumptions about the components being compatible with those in
      an A400XT?

      Any information would be appreciated.

      Rae

      rharbird@...
    • vai111@yahoo.com
      Message 2 of 3 , Sep 21, 2000
        I was not able to install Linux-Mandrake v7.1 on my Dell Cpi 400XT.
        Some of the problems I faced were :
        1: Unmount of the CD_ROM drive failed during shutdown
        2: Install/Upgrade of any package using rpm would go into an infinite
        loop.
        Hopefully, these issues have been resolved in their forthcoming
        release v7.2
        Hope this helps.

        ----

        Bonjour,
        je n'arrive pas a faire marcher le serveurX avec une haute
        resolution sur cette type de machine par contre en basse resolution
        c'est ok.
        QQun peut me dire s'il faut utiliser autre driver ou un patch.
        La carte video utilise est une NEOMAGIG 256AV.
        Le systeme est la derniere distribution Madrake 702.

        --- In linux-dell-laptops@egroups.com, rharbird@y... wrote:
        > Hi Folks
        >
        > I want to by a Dell CPi A400 XT. Does anyone have any information
        > about running Linux on this model?
        >
        > I have found information about the CPi A366XT. Is it possible to
        make
        > any assumptions about the components being compatible with those in
        > an A400XT?
        >
        > Any information would be appreciated.
        >
        > Rae
        >
        > rharbird@y...
      • Shaun Marolf
        Message 3 of 3 , Nov 28, 2004
          What Linux Distro has the best success record on this laptop model?

          --Shaun