Screen resolutions for GeForce2Go and nVIDIA 1.0-1251 driver

  • jgm@astrax.fis.ucm.es
    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 29, 2001
      Hi all
      I have successfully installed the nVIDIA driver version 1.0-1251
      under RedHat 7.1 for a I8K with the GeForce2Go graphic card.
      I use it with the full 1600x1200 resolution and it runs nicely.
      However, I have not been able to use lower resolutions (for example
      1024x768).
      Any of you were able to obtain lower resolutions with this
      linux+driver+hardware combination? How?

      thanks a lot
      Peleonk
    • Raymond Laia
      Message 2 of 4 , Aug 29, 2001
        jgm@... wrote:

        > Hi all
        > I have successfully installed the nVIDIA driver version 1.0-1251
        > under RedHat 7.1 for a I8K with the GeForce2Go graphic card.
        > I use it with the full 1600x1200 resolution and it runs nicely.
        > However, I have not been able to use lower resolutions (for example
        > 1024x768).

        It works fine here in each resolution (I8K with Mandrake 8.0)

        Raymond Laia

        slaia@...
        http://www.geocities.com/slaia

      • James S.Adelman
        Message 3 of 4 , Aug 30, 2001
          I have the lower resolution screen, but the nVidia card -- my XF86Config file
          is at: http://web.ukonline.co.uk/j.adelman/XF86Config-4 .
          The more common low resolutions are set up, and I can access them using
          Ctrl-Alt-Fn-P & Ctrl-Alt-Fn-; (ie the normal keys)
          jsa

        • jgm@astrax.fis.ucm.es
          Message 4 of 4 , Sep 1, 2001
            Hi James
            thank you very much for your help. I tried your XF86config-4 file
            and it did not work the first time, but chekinhg differences with
            the one I used, I was able to set up all the resolutions.
            By the way, I will keep using the 1600x1200. The best by far !!
            Peleonk