CPx 500GT - Distorted display in XFree86

  • egill erlendsson
    Message 1 of 1 , May 13, 2000
      I've got the ATI Mobility on a DELL CPx500GT.

      I've tried all suggested solutions, but none seem to fix the
      distorted display I get while running XFree86 (3.3.6)

      The funny thing is, when I connect a CRT display to my laptop, switch
      the display to that, and then back to the LCD.. the problem is gone.

      If I switch to the terminal, and back to X.. the damn thing is back.
      So I'm pretty sure the problem has everything to do with the LCD
      display.

      Has anyone else with the similar problem experienced that?

      I'm getting pretty tired of this problem..

      .. any suggestions/ideas would be nice..

      TIA,

      Egill R. Erlendsson