[linux-dell-laptops] Dell Inspiron 3500

  • bejtlich@texas.net
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 9, 1999
      Hello all,

      I am considering buying a Dell Inspiron 3500, and then installing Red Hat 6.0. Does anyone have comments on the system configuration listed? I am curious as to the modem/LAN card I chose. I am trying to avoid the Winmodem. Any thoughts appreciated!

      Richard

      Dell Inspiron 3500 Notebook:
      Intel Celeron´┐Ż processor 366MHz,14.1" XGA Active Matrix TFT
      KC36GH - [220-5602]

      Memory:
      64MB 1DIMM
      64M1D - [311-1394]

      Hard Drive:
      6.4GB Ultra ATA Hard Drive
      64GB - [340-1369]

      Operating System:
      Microsoft Windows 98 on CD-ROM YUCK!
      W98 - [420-0205]

      Analog Modem:
      3Com 10/100 56K Combo Card (Customer Installed)
      MLC - [412-0200][412-6890][430-0188]

      DVD-ROM or CD-ROM:
      24X max/10X min Variable CD-ROM Drive
      CD24 - [313-0301]

      Inspiron 3500 Setup Video:
      Inspiron 3500 Setup Video
      VID - [310-0304]

      Bundled Software:
      Microsoft Works Suite 99 with Money 99 Basic
      IWORKS - [412-0617]

      McAfee VirusScan at no additional charge:
      McAfee VirusScan 4.02
      MCAFEE - [412-8429]

      Accessories:
      Nylon Carrying Case,Dual Compartment