Re: [linux-dell-laptops] XF86Config errors for Latitude CSx

  • Dan
    Message 1 of 5 , May 11 6:54 AM
      This is the complete file that I use for my CSx:
      http://www.digitaltsunami.net/linux/files/XF86Config.undocked
      Dan

    • myl@unagi.cis.upenn.edu
      Message 2 of 5 , May 12 3:39 PM
        --- In linux-dell-laptops@egroups.com, zaid@a... wrote:
        > perhaps my last message did not post properly...
        >
        > I've copied the various XF86Config samples from this list for my
        CSr
        > and CSx but continue to get a

        > Config Error: /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/XF86Config:9
        > Section "Files"
        > ^^
        > File section keyword expected

        I believe that you may get this error if you try to start X with the
        command "X" rather than "startx". Try using startx instead.
      • rob128@excite.com
        Message 3 of 5 , Jun 2, 2000
          Did you ever find a solution to this problem? I just tried to
          install
          two different distributions and got the same problem with XF86Config
          on both installations. I have an Inspiron 5000 and installed the
          XF86Config file from the:
          http://www.eecs.umich.edu/~steveh/inspiron/XF86Config site and still
          have this problem.
          Any help would be great. Thanks.

        • stuart@bh90210.net
          Message 4 of 5 , Jun 3, 2000
            --- In linux-dell-laptops@egroups.com, rob128@e... wrote:
            > Did you ever find a solution to this problem? I just tried to
            > install
            > two different distributions and got the same problem with
            XF86Config
            > on both installations. I have an Inspiron 5000 and installed the
            > XF86Config file from the:
            > http://www.eecs.umich.edu/~steveh/inspiron/XF86Config site and
            still
            > have this problem.
            > Any help would be great. Thanks.
            >

            > --- In linux-dell-laptops@egroups.com, zaid@a... wrote:
            > > perhaps my last message did not post properly...
            > >
            > > I've copied the various XF86Config samples from this list for my
            > CSr
            > > and CSx but continue to get a

            > > Config Error: /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/XF86Config:9
            > > Section "Files"
            > > ^^
            > > File section keyword expected
            > >
            > > perhaps this is due to a file formatting issue. Please forward me
            > via
            > > an email attachment the complete Redhat Linux 6.2 XF86Config file
            > for
            > > the CSr and CSx.
            > >
            > > tia

            Dear Sir:

            This was one of the same problems I was having in getting a set of
            XF86Config files which Dell has on its website to work with RH6.2,
            that in fact worked perfectly with RH6.1 on my 7500 SXGA+ (1400x1050).

            As a matter of fact, I was speaking to the author (from Dell) of one
            of them! He is going to try to test it out next week on a 7500 to see
            if he can find the problem.

            As soon as I know something, I (or he maybe) will post a solution to
            the email list.

            thanks,
            stuart
            stuart@...