Re: [linux-dell-laptops] free isp with linux

  • sjohni@catholic.org
    Message 1 of 2 , May 10, 2000
      I use Worldspy.net with my linux box for modem/dialup access.

      I'm not sure about netzero but here's what I did for Worldspy.net.

      Try dialing up on your windoze side and running "winipcfg" once you're
      connected from the "Run" applet under the Start button. Take down the
      DNS information.

      Go to your dialup networking folder under My Computer and see if
      there is a dial-up networking icon for netzero in there. Under
      properties of the netzero entry, see what the signon/logon id is and
      take note of that also. Take note of your dial-up number too while
      your're at it.

      You can then use all of this information to construct the necessary
      information to setup dial-up on Linux.

      Hope this helps.

      sji